GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
Upcoming FREE workshop:
Empower Fit Tips for New Moms
Our physiotherapist, Shireen Ng, will be presenting about postpartum health and fitness, including exercise and common issues new moms face. If you are a new mom, you won’t want to miss this as it’s everything you should know but likely not have been told.
Tuesday, February 15th, 2022 at 7:00pm (PST) via Zoom
SIGN UP NOW
We hold workshops to educate the community. Past workshops include:
- Empower Tips for Gardening
- Empower Tips to Improve Your Golf Swing
We offer a free social running club that meets every Saturday morning at 8:00 am just outside Empower Physiotherapy for a 5 to 10km run around Steveston. Check our facebook page for the latest updates on Empower Runs. Please call us at the clinic 604-370-1040 Monday to Friday, if it will be the first time that you are joining us.
Steveston Athletic Association
Kigoos Swim Club
Richmond United Soccer Club
Group or class education on a Musculoskeletal topic of your choice. Past talks have included:
- "Stretching for Golf" -- Mylora Thursday Ladies' Golf Club
- "Shoulder Injury Prevention for Swimmers" -- Kigoos Swim Club
- "Stretches for Soccer" -- Richmond Girls Soccer Association
- "How I Became a Physiotherapist" -- Burnett High School
- "Maintain an Active Lifestyle" -- The Maples Residences
- "Swimming Injury Prevention for Coaches" -- Kigoos Swim Club
- "Wound Care in Hand Therapy" -- West Coast Hand Therapy Association
- "Common Injuries and Prevention" -- McMath Grade 12 Strength & Conditioning Class
- "Cycling Injury Prevention" -- GranFondo Training Clinic
We are a career education employer and take on student placements and volunteers.